The winner of the award, which was supported this year by MarComm News, is the agency with the most points accumulated from nominations, FAB Awards and FABulous Awards on the night.
BBDO New York, who have now won this award four times, had a whopping 18 nominations in the show, nine of which won FAB Awards. The agency also had a FABulous Award win on the night for their ‘Music Liberates Music’ project for Bacardí.
Reacting to their win, Greg Hahn, Chief Creative Officer BBDO New York said: “Historically some of the best work in advertising has been done in the FAB category, so it’s always a thrill to see our work awarded. It’s especially rewarding when it happens for seven different clients.”
Their awarded work at The 20th FAB Awards and the category in which they were recognized in, are as follows:
- Pedigree – General Howe’s Dog – TV & Cinema Advertising
- Bombay Sapphire – Art Without Labels – Experiential Campaigns
- Pedigree – The Pedigree Adoptable Mask – Best use of Technology
- M&M’s – M&M’s and Friends – Mobile Marketing, User Generated Content & Social Media / Social Business
- Bacardí – Music Liberates Music – Branded Content & Entertainment
- Campbell’s – Recipe Reality Check – Online Marketing & Social Media / Social Business
“BBDO New York’s fabulous haul at The 20th FAB Awards speaks volumes of just how creatively excellent they have been recently. They played a major role in helping Mars, Incorporated win The Brand of the Year Award, with some phenomenal projects across a number of media channels. Their overall consistency and unrivalled excellence has made them worthy winners of The FAB Agency of the Year honour,” said FAB Awards President, N. Nayar.
Other big winners from the Advertising and Innovations categories were as follows:
Press & Print:
- McCann Bristol – Tenderstem – Make Every Dish a Little Adventure
Poster/ Outdoor/ OOH:
- Cossette – McDonald’s – Mobile Menu & Follow the Arches
- Black Swan Life Communications – Society Tea – Tea Society Campaign
TV & Cinema Advertising:
- VCCP – Cadbury Dairy Milk – Mum’s Birthday
- AMV BBDO – Wrigley’s Gum – Happy Birthday Campaign
- AMV BBDO – Guinness Africa – Made of More Football Stories Campaign
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – Flat What?
- AMV BBDO – Snickers – Hunger Spotter
- AMV BBDO – Snickers – The Hungry TV Channel
- Happiness/An FCB Alliance, Brussels – Carlsberg – Probably TEDx
Branded Content & Entertainment:
- AMV BBDO – Guinness – Compton Cowboys
- J. Walter Thompson London – KitKat – Crossy Roads for Real
- Cossette – McDonald’s – Big Mac x Bacon Collaboration
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – Reindeer Ready
- BBDO India – Mirinda – #ReleaseThePressure
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – McCafé Madness (Effectiveness)
Best Use of Media:
- Cossette – McDonald’s – Follow the Arches
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – Big Mac 50: BFI IMAX Wrap Around
A full list of the various Finalists and Winners of The 20th FAB Awards can be seen here.
Source: The FAB Awards